Monday, 28 September 2026

Lamb Tagine

 When persistent, icy, rain squalls call off all attempts at gardening, what do I do? Cook

😉🎉 Once everything was underway, the stove top looked like a mystery dinner. 😁
Lamb tagine was not my first idea but, the colder and wetter it got, the more I leaned away from the original, light, pasta dish of fennel, saffron and almonds and the more I was drawn to meat. I kept with the saffron, almonds and already thawed, Bottega Crippa pasta idea though, as well as my trusty new pan full of purple sprouting broccoli, adding 2 artichokes that I saw as I headed out, between showers, to pick mint.
Every time I have made this over the years it has something slightly different. This time I used sweet potato in place of apricots. I think I will stick with that from now on, except if it is fresh apricot season, perhaps. I always use whole shanks too.... this time lamb but usually wallaby.
Not being a sports fan, it was quite adequate to catch the last 5 minutes of the AFL grand final, while I enjoyed this succulent, magnificent, winning dinner! I was secretly barracking for WA to win, to take the spotlight away from the arrogance of the east coast, which seems to be the focus of Australian politics as well.





No comments: